Meet Steven Ryan

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hi, I'm Steven Ryan, the other partner of Budget Brakes.

Like Michael, I was born and raised in the metro Detroit area, and am a licensed pilot who enjoys flying. My wife and I have two daughters and live in Brentwood, Tennessee.

I'm a very active athlete and compete in many outdoor events, ranging from the Nashville Marathon and Chattanooga Stump Jumper 50K to a variety of expedition-length Adventure Races.

So, Michael and I have quite a bit in common besides being the the brake repair business.

I attended Northwood University in Michigan on a basketball scholarship and earned a degree in accounting. I also have an M.B.A. in finance from Walsh College in Troy, Michigan.

My first job after graduating from college was as a payroll coordinator, where I processed payroll checks for The Genesis Group, a payroll and human resource service provider. Within a year, I was running the Payroll Division.

Seeking to broaden my experience, I took a job as Director of Operations for the Personnel Department. My role was to clean up the Finance/Operation Department in preparation for selling the company, which then was successfully sold to a publicly traded company out of Columbus, Ohio.

This experience sparked a vision to create my own company, the Rockmor Group, which provided payroll and human resource outsource services.

After six years and more than $40 million a year in sales, I sold the Rockmor Group to a venture capital group in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Now that Michael and I have teamed up to run Budget Brakes, we're looking forward to continuing to grow our business as we serve the brakes and alignment needs of our customers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment